This quiz is dedicated to all of those people who find themselves constantly roaming the net. Do you leave yourself logged in twenty-four hours a day, even when you're not home? Is your wpm typing speed higher than your IQ? Are you having trouble seeing things at distances greater than 2 feet? Yes, YOU. You know who you are.
Ok... shall we begin? Yes? 5 points... (you could've backed out.)
Unless otherwise stated, point values are as follows: 2 for (a), 4 for (b), 6 for (c), and 10 for (d).
1) How many valid net addresses do you have? Multiple machines at the same site do not count.
 Internet  UUCP  Other public access  Other
 Bitnet  Freenet  Internet BBS  All seven
(2 points each)
2) How many hours did it take for you to create your .sig?
a) Huh? b) More than one c) More than five d) I'm still looking for a really funky quote
3) On an average working day, how many email messages do you receive?
a) Nobody sends me any mail... sniff b) Three, but they're all from Lester in the next cubicle over, because he has nothing better to do c) I can't count that high, I failed calculus d) Don't ask me now, I'm too busy. Send me e-mail.
4) All right, fess up. Have you ever read alt.sex.bondage just to see what the heck those perverts were talking about?
a) Yes, and I'm so ashamed b) Yes, and I'm so embarrassed c) Yes, and would you please explain a few things to me... d) No, never. (10 points. You're lying.)
5) Have you ever met one of your past SO's (significant others) via a computer network?
a) No b) Yes, through a newsgroup we both posted on c) Yes, by chatting randomly over the Internet (shame!) d) Yes, by chatting over RELAY
6) Once you've logged onto your system, what do you spend most of your time doing?
a) Putting books on reserve in the library computer system. b) Reading Alice in Wonderland in the online bookshelf c) Reading the monthly postings on rec.humor.funny d) Writing up stupid quizzes because you've done everything else
7) If someone were to telephone your home at any given moment of the day, what would be the percent chance that your phone would be busy?
a) Zero... I've got call waiting b) 25%.... I only dial in from work (Uh, hi, boss) c) 75%.... Duh, so that's why nobody ever calls me d) Zero... My modem has a separate phone line
8) Which Usenet newsgroups do you spend the most time reading?
a) The comp. groups... because they're so informative b) The soc. groups.... because they're so multicultural c) The rec. groups.... because they're so diverting d) The alt. groups.... because I don't know what half those words mean
9) What's your worst complaint about having an Internet account?
a) I have to pay $5/month for it b) The damn sysadmins won't give me enough quota to hold all my .gif's c) All those programmers keep tying up the modem lines d) I have to stay in school to keep it
10) Check your watch now. What time is it?
a) 10 am... coffee break b) 3 pm.... General Hospital's on c) 12 am... one last login before I hit the sack d) 4 am.... Oh my God, I've got a test tomorrow
ALL RIGHT, GUYS. SCORING TIME.
0-25 points: You're not a nerd. Go read a manual or two and come back next year.
25-50 points: You're an up-and-coming Internet nerd. Why don't you telnet over to 184.108.40.206 and play around with the Quartz BBS for a while.
50-75 points: You're a full-fledged Internet nerd. Join the club.
75-100 points: You're an Internet addict. Try going to the library this week, it'll do you some good.
100+ points: You're an Internet obsessive-compulsive. Unplug your computer, go out in the woods for a few days, and relax. Lay back and listen to the birds singing. Clear your mind. And don't forget to unsubscribe yourself from all those lists before you leave.
Written by firstname.lastname@example.org (Sarah Lewis) in a moment of extreme boredom. Disclaimer: OSU doesn't know I wrote this, and it's probably better that way. Sigh. Time to hit the books....